We’re looking for a full-time Brand Identity Senior/Lead Designer to help conceive and create striking and meaningful brand expression and digital experiences.
In this role you’ll enjoy working with a positive, supportive team, in a great space, on a broad range of clients and projects.
- 7+ years creative agency experience in brand identity, creation and implementation, on- and off-line
- a proven track record in bold creative expression (for ambitious organisations large and small)
- a demonstrated understanding of effective and creative UI design and user experience (and the best practices around it)
- an ability to create, share and realise ideas
- excellent communication and presentation skills
- a solid understanding and respect for research, strategy and the power of the written word
- an innate and active interest in design, identity and creativity
- a commitment to creative excellence
- keen attention to detail, and the big picture
- a demonstrated understanding how design systems are created, applied, maintained and grow across different mediums – fit for the now and the future
- energy, enthusiasm and ability to work within integrated teams
- comprehensive knowledge of relevant design tools and resources (eg, Adobe CS, Figma)
- a curious mind, positive voice and collaborative spirit
Some of the benefits of working at Folk:
We care about the wellbeing of our team. Here are some of the benefits our team enjoys:
- We work on projects with social purpose and impact. Big, complex challenges that impact real people.
- We have a hybrid flexible working model – work from home and come to the studio to connect and collaborate.
- We value the other important parts of your life as well – we offer flexibility for pick-ups and drop offs or sick children as well as anything else life throws at you.
- We run a creative workplace culture where everyone’s input is encouraged and listened to.
- You are actively empowered to help shape the business, if you think something can be done better – tell someone.
- We want you to grow – we have a generous development budget that we encourage you to use to invest in build your skills and follow your career ambitions.
- We love working with people who bring their personality, their experience, and their uniqueness to the team. (Garfield socks notwithstanding.)
- We have a working environment that’s friendly, warm, open, and inspired by our values and purpose.
- We put the wellbeing of our staff before projects and profit – through regular check-ins and transparent communication we ensure the everyone feels safe and supported.
Career growth at Folk
Our goal is to create an environment for you to thrive and grow by doing interesting and challenging work.
Learning and development
We encourage everyone to seek out learning opportunities through the year through conferences, events, workshops, or whatever appeals to you.
Learning in the job
We run semi-regular lunch and learn sessions where team members present their work or learn about new tools and approaches, as well as plenty of opportunities for hands-on learning.
No matter what stage you’re at in your career we want you to feel you’re supported to take the next step. We have regular conversations with team members about where they’re going and how we can support them to get there.
Diversity of thought
We believe diversity of thought is essential to critical thinking and creativity. We're an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion – and proud members of the Diversity Council of Australia. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Sound like you?
Please send us a link to your portfolio, CV, LinkedIn profile or anything that demonstrates your approach to problem solving and design. Plus a brief note that tells us what attracted you to the role and what excites you about design?
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
You must be legally able to work in Australia.
No agencies please.