With a growing client base, we’re on the look-out for an experienced Digital Project Manager with a User Research and Service Design Focus to join and support the team.
We’re looking for an individual that understands Client Services and the business of a Strategic Design Consultancy. We’re a pragmatic team focussed on delivering high quality and impactful work, in a supportive environment. This role will suit someone who is thoughtful, considered and genuinely invested in the best outcome for our people and our projects. Naturally, you’ll be a person that is always willing to step in and support, and you’ll value the notion that the smallest of things can make the biggest difference. You’ll have a passion for applying human-centred design to solve complex problems and significant experience with the planning and management of product and service design projects whether they be small and focused, or part of large transformation programs.
The Role: You’ll own client relationships, manage projects and support teams. You’ll work as the central point, collaborating with and coordinating small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll support the Folk business development team and contribute to our efforts in securing new clients, and nurture those who know us well. You’ll enjoy flexible working in a great space, with a positive and engaged team, on a broad range of clients and projects.
What a week might look like
- A health project will be kicking off with clinicians and business owner participation from across three states. You’ll need to ensure the appropriate technology is set up, all participants are briefed and you’ll facilitate part of the kick-off workshop.
- A client is loving the team and work and would like to extend a project for an extra sprint, though your design lead is already committed to a new project. You’ll look at resourcing, talk to the practice lead and map out some potential fixes and bring to weekly resourcing for discussion.
- You’ll be down to the wire, needing to finalise some critical recruitment for user testing of a mental health support service prototype. This will be challenging for you and require extra level of care, sensitivity and compliance given the need for participants with lived experience.
Essentials skills and experience (you’ll need to have these):
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role in a UX/Service design consultancy agency environment with some Government experience.
- Working knowledge of human-centred design and ability to talk to the approach,
- Confident in contemporary project management methods e.g., Agile, Sprints
- Experienced with the end-to-end (research-delivery) process of product & service design and delivery, Projects from $100k to $1m
- Super organised with the ability to work to deadlines,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (and can demonstrate this with examples),
- Exceptional eye for detail - understanding the small stuff does matter,
- Collaborative and keen to contribute to studio culture and organisational development
- Confidence and initiative to anticipate client needs, and identify and mitigate problems ahead of time,
- Effective at identifying the right people, at the right time in the right measure,
- Hard-working and hands-on.
- Professional, fun, friendly and self-starting,
- Nice to have: Familiarity with Figma
Key responsibilities include:
- Building strong relationships with senior clients and colleagues,
- Project and account management of multiple projects/clients
- Briefing consulting and technical teams,
- Owning, preparing and leading client meetings,
- Proposal writing, estimation, preparation and design,
- Solving problems and finding a way forward when things don’t go to plan,
- Contribute to, and will be given and can manage own, financial targets,
- Owning and managing multiple budgets, forecasts and invoices – working with project leads to ensure projects come in on time and to budget
- Contribute to resource planning and scheduling
For the right person with ambition and ability this is an opportunity to join one of Australia’s leading design consultancies. If you’re interested and would like to know more, please fill in the below form.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Australian Residents only, No Agencies.