With a growing client base, and interesting projects on the horizon, we need an extra set of hands to join and support our team.
As an experienced Digital Project Manager, you’ll be genuinely interested in the work that we do and invested in the best outcomes for our people and projects. Thoughtful and considered, you’ll have experience with the planning and management of product and service design projects whether they be small and focused, or part of large transformation programs.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll own client relationships, manage projects, support teams and love getting into the detail of keeping a project on track and to budget. As a central point of contact, you’ll collaborate with and coordinate small multi-disciplinary teams, as well as support and nurture your clients. You’ll enjoy flexible working – with a mix of home and office, in a great space, with a positive and engaged team, on a broad range of clients and projects.
Essentials skills and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role in a UX/Service Design Consultancy or Digital agency
- Experienced with the end-to-end (research to delivery) process of product and service design, on projects with budgets ranging from $100k to $1m
- Strong knowledge of digital standards, technology, and production methodology
- Experience in managing project finances and reporting – making sure projects are delivered on time, on budget, and to Folk standards
- Super organised with the ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- Working knowledge of human-centred design and ability to talk to the approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (and can demonstrate this with examples)
- Exceptional eye for detail - understanding the small stuff does matter
- Collaborative and keen to contribute to studio culture and organisational development
- Maturity, confidence, and flexibility to interact with clients, suppliers, and internal staff at all levels
- Ability to anticipate client needs, and identify and mitigate problems
- Effective at identifying the right people, at the right time, in the right measure, to work on projects
- Hard-working and hands-on
- Professional, fun, friendly and self-starting
- Nice to have - familiarity with Figma.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building strong relationships with senior clients and colleagues
- Project and account management of multiple clients and projects
- Briefing consulting and design teams
- Owning, preparing for, and leading client meetings
- Proposal writing and estimating
- Solving problems and finding a way forward when things don’t go to plan
- Owning and managing multiple budgets, forecasts, and invoices – working with project leads to ensure projects are delivered to commercial targets
- Contributing to resource planning and scheduling.
Some of the benefits of working with us at Folk:
We care about the wellbeing of our team. Here are some of the benefits our team enjoys:
- We work on projects with social purpose and impact.
- We work on big, complex challenges that impact real people
- We have a hybrid flexible working model – work from home and come to the studio to connect and collaborate
- We value the other important parts of your life as well – we offer flexibility for pick-ups and drop offs or sick children as well as anything else life throws at you
- Our workplace culture encourages everyone’s input and it’s taken onboard
- You are actively empowered to help shape the business, if you think something can be done better – tell someone
- We want you to grow – we have a generous development budget that we encourage you to use to invest in building your skills and following your career ambitions
- We love working with people who bring their personality, their experience, and their uniqueness to the team
- We have a working environment that is friendly, warm, open, and inspired by our values and purpose
- We put the wellbeing of our staff before projects and profit – through regular check-ins and transparent communication we ensure the everyone feels safe and supported.
Sound like you?
Please send us a link to your CV, LinkedIn profile or anything that demonstrates your digital project management experience – and a brief note that tells us what attracted you to the role and what excites you about the work we do to [email protected]
At Folk, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best products, services and experiences. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion – we are proud members of the Diversity Council of Australia. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Australian Residents only, No Agencies.