An opportunity has arisen to join the growing team at Folk.
We’re looking for a keen and collaborative Senior Experience Designer, working within a greater team, to help create thoughtful digital products and services for our portfolio of corporate and government clients.
We need someone who shares our enthusiasm and passion for user-centred design, and who is able to balance user needs with business goals. In return, you’ll be part of a supportive and collaborative team, who like to share ideas and insights to make every day a learning and growing experience.
We’re a 25+ people strong, award winning, brand identity and experience design consultancy based in Annandale, Sydney.
The nitty-gritty - essential skills & experience (you'll need to have these)
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role in a service design / UX consultancy, digital agency with a strong portfolio of relevant work
- Extensive, hands-on experience at every stage in the user-centred design cycle including strong research skills (contextual inquiry, surveys etc.), iterative design and prototyping and facilitation of user testing
- Ability to produce high quality artefacts such as personas, journey maps, task models, wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Strong knowledge of, and interest in emerging UX trends and front end web technologies
- Boundless curiosity about how people use technology and how to create great experiences
- Attention to detail, knowing that the small stuff does matter
- Ability to play nicely as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Able to travel occasionally
The nice-to-haves - desired skills & experience(we’d like these):
- Knowledge and experience with Agile / Lean UX
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn Business Model Canvas and Value Proposition design canvas
- Experience in working with government and social enterprise clients
- Inclusive design experience and familiarity with Web Accessibility (WCAG 2.0)
Sound like you? Please send us your CV/folio and a brief cover note on what you can bring to the Folk team to email@example.com
Australian Residents only. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. No agencies please.
If that sounds like you, and you like the sound of us, send us your details.
Altogether, Folk are designers, strategists, user-experience specialists, project managers, producers, front- and back-end developers, and finished artists, collaborating with clients.