Join the growing Service and Product design team at Folk.
We’re looking for a keen and collaborative mid-weight Experience Designer to join the Service and Product design team at Folk in Sydney and be a part of creating thoughtful digital products and services.
You could might be more product than service designer or vice versa. We are looking for talented individuals who have confidence and capability to define customer centric strategies and solutions for our clients.
We are a 25+ award winning brand identity and experience design consultancy based in Annandale. We create impactful digital and service experiences that help organisations connect with their audiences more powerfully.
Our team is made up of multi-disciplinary designers who want to stretch their skill sets and deepen their knowledge in either product or service design. We are looking for talented individuals who have confidence, capability and creativity across all stages of the design process from exploration to prototyping customer centric strategies and solutions for our clients.
We’re looking for a self-starter who shares our enthusiasm and passion for collaboration and user centred design, and who is able to balance user needs with business goals. In return, you’ll be part of a supportive team, who like to share ideas and insights to make every day a learning and growing experience.
Essential skills & experience
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant design experience
- An excellent portfolio showcasing in-depth knowledge and experience of Interaction Design and or Service Design across varied users, business problems, and devices.
- Bachelor's degree Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Human Computer-Interaction or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience of applying design methods across the user-centred design process including strong design research skills, iterative design and prototyping and facilitation of user testing.
- Ability to visually communicate and produce high quality artefacts such as personas, journey maps, task models, wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Highly skilled in design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote.
- Boundless curiosity about how people use technology and how to create great experiences
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal.
- Ability to play nicely as part of a multi-disciplinary team, inspired by group critique.
- Able to travel occasionally
- Knowledge and experience working with brand and design systems.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn Business Model Canvas, Value Proposition design canvas, Jobs to be done methodologies.
Sound like you?
Please send us your CV/folio and a brief cover note on what you can bring to the Folk team to email@example.com
Australian Residents only. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. No agencies please.
If that sounds like you, and you like the sound of us, send us your details.
Altogether, Folk are designers, strategists, user-experience specialists, project managers, producers, front- and back-end developers, and finished artists, collaborating with clients.