Folk is a design consultancy. We transform ideas into experiences through research and strategy, design and technology.
We have a strong reputation for research, ideas, relationships and leadership. Working out of a converted chocolate factory in Annandale, Sydney, we’re a team of 30 collaborative, open and ‘keen as’ design professionals who enjoy what we do.
Working closely with the greater project team (eg, UX lead, design director, client service) is responsible for:
- Visual and interaction design of the product application, design guidelines and UI specification
- Ideate/create UI design visions, develop elegant visual digital language solutions
- Ability to support design research activities
- Familiar working within an agile software development environment
- Manage the quality of design throughout all phases of a project
- Collaborate with the team and client and present your ideas to broad range of stakeholders
- Leveraging and building upon existing design guidelines and design pattern language
- Good communication and presentation skills
- 5+ years’ experience in designing visual language systems for digital products and services
- Demonstrable experience designing for complex responsive, native and or web applications
- Strong User Interface and Visual Design capability
- UX sensibilities in terms of UI design and prototyping
- HCD approach and passionate about designing desirable end user experiences, that are feasible to make
- Solid understanding of practical benefits and limitations of internet technologies
- Proficient in tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision
- Experience creating/visualising generative design artefacts
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please send your CV/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Australian Residents only, No Agencies.
If that sounds like you, and you like the sound of us, send us your details.
Altogether, Folk are designers, strategists, user-experience specialists, project managers, producers, front- and back-end developers, and finished artists, collaborating with clients.