Folk is a brand identity and experience design consultancy. We create thoughtful and enduring strategy, design and digital services for our clients.
We have a strong reputation for research, ideas, relationships and leadership. Working out of a converted chocolate factory in the heart of Annandale, we’re a team of 30 collaborative, open and ‘keen as’ design professionals who enjoy what we do.
With a growing client base, we’re on the look-out for a similarly keen as Creative Artworker to join and support the team.
We’re looking for an individual who is altogether keener. Someone diligent, thoughtful, curious and open. That will do/ask/suggest one thing extra to improve things. That understands the smallest things can make the biggest difference. That genuinely loves what they do and can bring that to the Folk family.
You’ll have experience in two areas:
1. design, layout and production knowledge/skills, in print and digital. (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, MSOffice.)
2. motion graphics – from vector based animation to video editing. (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Cinema 4D.)
You’ll work alongside brand identity and experience design specialists, contributing to ideas, the design and execution of a wide-range of projects: powerful brand identities, impactful internal and external campaigns and user-centred digital experiences, across a number of key accounts within professional services, government, health, technology and not-for profit.
Required skills and experience (you need to have these)
• 5+ years’ full-time experience and competent use of AdobeCS and Microsoft Office applications on a Mac platform
• At least 3 years’ full-time experience and competent use of Cinema 4D and/or After Effects
• Excellent technical skills in setting type, layout and finished art
• A proven track record in managing work from computer to press and a thorough knowledge of print production processes and materials, including digital print
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Good communication skills
• Organised, efficient with a keen eye for detail
Desired skills and experience (it’d be nice if you had these)
• Accessible PDF and word document creation
• Thorough knowledge of WCAG 2.0 guidelines
• eBook publishing / development of documents optimised for online use
• Working on long documents – reports etc
• Ability to develop MS Office templates
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic individual to join a supportive and collaborative team, who like to share ideas and insights, and make every day a learning and growing experience.
Sound like you? Please send us your CV, folio and a brief cover note on what you can bring to the Folk team to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Australian residents only, no Agencies.
If that sounds like you, and you like the sound of us, send us your details.
Altogether, Folk are designers, strategists, user-experience specialists, project managers, producers, front- and back-end developers, and finished artists, collaborating with clients.