A great opportunity to join a product and service design team and grow!
We’re Folk - a brand identity and experience design consultancy, who create thoughtful and enduring strategy and design for digital products and services.
We have a strong reputation for our research, ideas, relationships and leadership. Working out of a converted chocolate factory in the heart of Annandale, we’re a team 30 collaborative, open and ‘keen as’ folk – design professionals who enjoy what we do.
With a growing client base, we’re on the look-out for an experienced Senior Digital Account Manager to join and support the team.
The Person: We’re looking for an individual who is all together keener. Someone who works hard to deliver considered creativity with considerate client servicing. Someone who is thoughtful, will ‘say it forward’, will do that one extra thing that gets noticed and understands that the small things make the biggest differences. Some who genuinely loves what they do and can bring that to the Folk family.
The Role: Working in a client service team of 7, you’ll own and manage multiple digital projects ranging from; website redesign and development, service design and user-centred digital experiences, across a number of key accounts within professional services, government, health, technology and not-for profit. You will help Folk secure new clients, and nurture others who know us well.
You will work as the central point within small multi-disciplinary teams, collaborating closely with our Digital and UX consultants and clients, to solve big problems.
Through great team-work, outstanding project management and organisational and communication skills, you will be the master conductor, the juggler, the new business driver and the design delivery specialist.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project management of multiple projects,
- Effective time management and ability to prioritise,
- Owning and managing multiple budgets, forecasts and invoices - ensuring projects come
in on time and to budget
- Taking and understanding client briefs,
- Briefing creative, consulting and technical teams,
- Owning, preparing and leading client presentations and meetings,
- New business proposal and key client presentation writing, preparation and design,
- Solving problems and finding a way forward when things don’t go to plan,
- Contribute to, and will be given and can manage own, financial targets,
- Contribute to resource planning and scheduling
The nitty gritty – essentials skills and experience (you’ll need to have these):
- Super organised with the ability to work to deadlines,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and can demonstrate with examples,
- Exceptional eye for detail - understanding the small stuff does matter,
- Confidence and initiative to anticipate client needs,
- Ability to identify and mitigate problems ahead of time,
- Highly collaborative and a true ‘team’ manager and leader,
- Effective at identifying the right people, at the right time in the right measure, and
- Hard-working and hands-on,
- Professional, fun, friendly and self-starting,
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications and an understanding of design and digital software, and
- 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role in an agency environment, ideally within a digital product and service consultancy working across research (desk, stakeholders and users), digital design and digital projects (UX and website development). Government experience would be the cherry on top.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic individual to join a supportive and collaborative team who like to share ideas and insights.
Sound like you? Please send us your CV/folio and a brief cover note on what you can bring to the Folk team to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Australian residents only, no Agencies.
An opportunity has arisen to join the growing team at Folk.
We’re looking for a keen and collaborative Senior Service & Product Designer, working within a greater team, to help create thoughtful digital products and services for our portfolio of corporate and government clients.
You could be more product than service designer or vice versa. We’re looking for talented individuals who have confidence and capability to define customer centric strategies and solutions for our clients.
We need someone who shares our enthusiasm and passion for user centred design, and who is able to balance user needs with business goals. In return, you’ll be part of a supportive and collaborative team, who like to share ideas and insights to make every day a learning and growing experience.
We’re a 25+ people strong, award winning, brand and experience design consultancy based in Annandale, Sydney.
The nitty-gritty - essential skills & experience (you'll need to have these)
- Minimum of 5 years of design consulting experience
- An excellent portfolio showcasing in-depth knowledge and experience of Interaction Design and Service Design across varied users, business problems, and devices.
- Bachelor's degree Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Human Computer-Interaction or equivalent practical experience.
- End to end experience of managing design activities across the user-centred design process including strong design research skills, iterative design and prototyping and facilitation of user testing.
- Ability to produce high quality artefacts such as personas, journey maps, task models, wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Highly skilled in design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote.
- Boundless curiosity about how people use technology and how to create great experiences
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal.
- Ability to play nicely as part of a multi-disciplinary team, inspired by group critique.
- Able to travel occasionally
The nice-to-haves - desired skills & experience(we’d like these):
- Knowledge and experience working with brand and design systems.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn Business Model Canvas, Value Proposition Design Canvas, Jobs-to-be-done methodologies.
- Experience in working with government and social enterprise clients.
Sound like you? Please send us your CV/folio and a brief cover note on what you can bring to the Folk team to email@example.com
Australian Residents only. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
No agencies please.
If that sounds like you, and you like the sound of us, send us your details.
Altogether, Folk are designers, strategists, user-experience specialists, project managers, producers, front- and back-end developers, and finished artists, collaborating with clients.