What we're looking for:
Designers who work at Folk love solving complex problems and think strategically in terms of both form and function – you’ll need to be able to work collaboratively to identify, investigate and validate problems as well as craft, prototype, design and test solutions. You’ll bring a deep understanding of human-centred design and demonstrated experience of focusing on the end-user through research and design, user interface and branding.
What you’ll do at Folk:
- Communicate with and guide clients throughout the design process from framing a challenge, to sharing research insights, from concept to implementation
- Work iteratively and collaboratively to design, prototype and test products
- Switch from macro to micro; from seeing the bigger picture strategic value and business dynamics of an organisation’s product or service, to caring about visual design at a pixel and message level.
What you’ll bring to Folk:
- You are confident and collaborative; you work flexibly and iteratively across concepts, flows, visual design and prototyping.
- You have a great eye for detail and ability to communicate visually from proposal to prototype to delivery.
- You thrive in making the complex simple and easy to absorb. You love ambiguous problems and are able to formulate clear and concise design solutions from complexity.
- You are skilled at synthesising and translating insights into design opportunities
- You have impeccable execution and a well-honed attention to detail for all aspects of design
- You have boundless curiosity about how people use products and how to create great experiences across multiple touchpoints and channels.
- You have great examples of work grounded in insights about people. You’ve applied your skills to real-world human problems.
- You speak in a visual language. You have a strong design voice and point of view on where to go and why.
- You are experienced at working with and creating design systems
- With a knack for succinctly capturing thoughts and expressing them to others, you can craft a great story, build relationships at all levels with ease, and give honest feedback.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in a similar role and a great portfolio of work
Benefits of working at Folk:
- Work on work with social purpose and impact. We work on big, complex challenges that impact real people.
- A hybrid flexible working model – work from home and come to the studio to connect and collaborate. We value the other important parts of your life as well.
- A creative workplace culture where everyone’s input is encouraged and listened to
- You are actively empowered to help shape the business, if you think something can be done better – tell someone
- We want you to grow – we have a generous development budget that we encourage you to use to invest in build your skills and follow your career ambitions
- We love working with people who bring their personality, their experience and their uniqueness to the team
- A working environment that is friendly, warm, open and inspired by our values and purpose
At Folk, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best products, services and experiences. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion – we are proud members of the Diversity Council of Australia. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
You must be legally able to work in Australia. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
No agencies please.